Monday, January 14, 2013

Masala Chai / Herb Tea Latte ;)

Okay, I have had a long day and it dint go that great thanks to my sore throat.
So I decided to make myself some tea with ginger. In the process I added some mint leaves to the concoction too. It tasted real good and my throat already feels better. Here is the recipe

Ingredients:

1. Water - 3/4 cup

2. Milk - 1/4 cup

3. Ginger - 5 gms (crushed)

4. Cardamom - 1 (seeds powdered)

5. Mint leaves - 3

6. Sugar

7. Tea Powder - 1.5 tbsp

Preparation Time : 2 mins

Cooking Time : 10 mins

Method :

1.  Boil the water in a sauce pan and add the crushed ginger, cardamom and tea powder. Boil for about 3 mins on medium flame.

2. Now add the milk and sugar (as per taste) and bring it to boil while still on medium flame.

3. When the tea comes to boil add the mint leaves and turn off the stove.

4. Use a strainer to pour the tea into cups

5. Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment