Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rava Laddoo / Sooji Laddoo

Alright, this is my dad's favorite sweet. There is a tin of these laddoos most of the time in our kitchen at home. When I realized that I had all the ingredients to make this laddoo, I immediately set to work. Two things- its easy to make and its deliciously sweet :)

Ingredients:

1. Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 2 cups

2. Grated coconut - 1 cup

3. Ghee / Melted Butter - 2  tbsp

4. Milk - 1/5 cup

5. Sugar - 1/2 cup

6. Cardamom Powder - 2 gms

7. Cashews - optional

Preparation Time : 2 mins (if you have the grated coconut already :) )

Cooking Time : 15 mins

Method:

1.  In a wok, add a tbsp of ghee and once its hot fry the cashews in it. You can also throw in some raisins if you wish. Once they have a reached a good golden brown, turn off heat and take the cashews and keep them aside.

2. Now in the same wok, add the rava , grated coconut, sugar, cardamom powder and mix well on medium flame for about 5 mins or until the rava changes color slightly.

3. Now add the milk and keep stirring until the mixture is semi solid (not powdery). Turn off flame.

4. Once the mixture is at a temperature where you can hold it in your hand try and make balls out of it :)
i like bit sized laddoos, since they are easy to eat but you can experiment with the size.

5. At the end I topped my laddoos with a fried cashew. You can actually add the dry fruits/ nuts into the mixture itself, if you choose.

NOTE : I like my laddoos a little coarse so I havent added too much milk. But if you prefer softer laddoos, you can add a little more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment