Monday, February 4, 2013

Asian Stir Fry

I have been binge eating over the last few days. Too much biryani, cakes, soda, chips - you name it. So I had the sudden urge to eat veggies. But no one can go dirty to clean so quick so I chose the mid way. I ate my veggies. But I stir fried them. Also added some chicken and mushroom for protein.


It was long day and this stir fry seemed like the way to go. So I picked a packet of the stir fry mix at Key Food and put my dinner together

Ingredients:

1. Chicken - 0.25 lbs (diced)

2. Mushrooms - 1 cup (diced)

3. Carrots - 1 cup (sliced)

4. Broccoli - 1/4 cup

5. Bell Pepper - 1 (sliced)

6. Sweet Pea - 1 cup

7. Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp

8. Chili Sauce - 1 tbsp

9. Oil - 2 tbsp

10. Spring Onions - 1/4 cup

Method:

1. Marinate the chicken pieces usin 1tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of chili sauce. keep aside

2. In a wok, add a tbsp of oil and allow it to heat. Once its very hot add the chicken pieces and fry till they are cooked. Keep Aside.

3. In another wok , add the remaining tbsp of oil and add carrots, brocolli and sweet pea first . After about a minute add the mushrooms and bell pepper pieces.

4. Cook the vegetables for 2-3 mins. Now add the stir fry mix and the chicken pieces to the vegetables and stir fry for 3 mins.

5. Sprinkle spring onions and serve with jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment